Good code is a succession of small programming steps that would eventually create a well written functionality. In order to create a clean, simple, and functional code, it is good to follow some of the best practices of programming:
Lets say we want to create UI with following functionalities:
- Delete of items
1) Create a skeleton UI with "comming soon.." text, you test and commit code.
2) Make a fake, hardcoded list and you display it , you test and commit code.
3) Fetch the list via a service call that returns a fake list, , you test and commit code.
4) Implement the DAO , you test and commit.
5) Connect all pieces, you test and commit.
Now you have the "list" and you can move to the "add" functionality.