Can I carry a small (CPU/memory) tablet computer (preferably Mac, or Android), connect it to any keyboard and monitor (mouse not needed as tablet would serve as a touchpad) and continue my code development?
Hence the idea...
Anyone interested in writing cloud-based IDE (like Eclipse) for browsers (or Android/Chrome OS platform)?
- kind of code-friendly wiki model with "deploy" button added
- all the programing happens in the browser
- no extra tools needed (can work from school lab/library computer)
- apps inherently live in/deploys to Google AppEngine or other cloud
- no need for code checking out/in
- version history would be auto-maintained
- multiple people can edit a file and live editing would be color coded
- login for client projects, but open source project could thrive on it
- 100% same environment for all developers (dependency management)
- ability to lock-out files until developer works out the bugs
- ability for other to see "locked-out" changes
Well, I was hoping for GWT or Flex solution.
Pallavi Kaushik suggested: https://bespin.mozilla.com/
Please leave a comment with suggestions, or links to the projects that do that.