Run CleanMyMac2 appIt is not a free option, but considering the amount of disk cleaned it is worth it.
Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Select "Reduce transparency"
You can toggle this on and off and you will see that you are not missing much.
Clean Notification Center
I don't ever use notification center so there is no reason for it to update
Apple > System Preferences > Extensions > Today
Move all items from Desktop to Documents, or where ever you wish.
- Minimize windows using "Scale effect" which is simpler than "Genie effect"
- NO to "Animate opening windows"
- YES to "Automatically hide and show Dock" - if you don't have to see it, don't show it
Speed up Finder
- since we are supposed to keep Desktop clean, it is a good default option to open
- YES to "Open folders in tabs instead of new windows
- NO to "Spring-loaded folders and windows"
Clean up your WiFi settings
Turn off your WiFi
I am providing the following tasks in command line, but they can be done using Finder as well.
$ mkdir ~/Desktop/wifi_plist_backup
$ sudo mv /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.airport.preferences.plist ~/Desktop/wifi_plist_backup
SystemConfiguration $ sudo mv preferences.plist* ~/Desktop/wifi_plist_backup/
Re-start the computer, turn ON your WiFi