Create USB image:
$ diskutil list
/dev/disk2 (external, physical): #:
1: Windows_FAT_32 DTSE9_32GB 31.0 GB disk2s1
Note, at first I tried 32GB drive, UNetBooting installed ISO on it, but the target computer did not recognize it, then I switched to small 2GB USB stick.
- Download latest Ubuntu desktop (16.04 AMD 64 as of January 30, 2017)
- Download "UNetBooting" utility (for mac) to create USB stick
- Check your USB drive name with "diskutil list" (disk2s1 for me)
- Open "UNetBooting" and select:
- Diskimage (radio button)
- ISO file location
- disk2s1 as the USB Drive
- click OK, it will take a long while
The next step is to start the target computer and put it into the "boot load" mode, then select the USB you have created.